06 May, 2009

MIA

hey dudes -
my apologies for not updating in almost a month - life has gotten so busy lately.
i found out officially that my thesis was approved and that i will be graduating the end of may! so now that that is good and done, i've been on a wild hunt for a job - nothing to speak of yet.

i went to a trans health and law conference in CT in late april and really enjoyed it. it was small, but the workshops i went to were intriguing and informative. most importantly i learned about the anti-discrimination laws in VT for trans people - we have rights! if you're interested check it out here: http://www.glad.org/rights/vermont/c/anti-discrimination-law-in-vermont/

a good friend and myself also held a "trans 101" workshop up at my old school for current students. there were about 25 people there, which is an awesome turn out for this small school - and people were actively engaged and interested in what information we had to share with them. i was and am really happy i was afforded the opportunity to do this workshop.

my website is still down and i am working on getting it back up - hopefully soon. yesterday 6 months post-op for top surgery - i am working out about 4 - 5 days a week and feeling good about my changing body. my year anniversary on testosterone is also fast approaching (may 13) and i am looking forward to reflecting on such a significant year.

i'll do my best to update more frequently.

peace.

2 comments:

Xinaed said...

New to the blog, glad things are going well. Good luck with the rest of your quest in life. :)

Diana said...

Jesus I can't believe it's been 6 months!